Relief Care Facilitator
Job no: 492327
Work type: Relief/Temporary/Casual
Location: Margaret Drive, Yishun Park
Categories: Student Care/Enrichment
Are you keen to contribute to quality care, learning opportunities and meaningful engagement for students with disabilities?
As a Care Facilitator with Rainbow Centre, you will support students’ life skills development and enhance their accessibility to community resources.
Our out-of-school-hours student care service (OOSH) for students with disabilities, offer vibrant, nurturing and safe environments with a range of activities aimed at cultivating the interests and abilities of each student and recognising them as unique individuals.
On a typical day, students will be guided by a timetable where there will be opportunities for participation in daily living routines such as hygiene and self-care, meals, and cleaning. There will be facilitated activities designed and planned in collaboration with students, incorporating their interests, strengths, and abilities.
List of Care Facilitator responsibilities include :
- Participate in the development of students’ Individual Care Plan by monitoring, observing and recording students’ progress to provide data for appropriate individualised care and learning outcomes.
- Prepare learning materials and learning environments that utilise materials, resources and technology in ways appropriate to the content area.Some examples of activities are reading, play and exercises.
- Work with parents, teachers and volunteers to contextualize and generalise learning and engagement at home and community.
- Work as a team to ensure student integration of skills and learning in activities.
We are currently looking for applicants for our Student Care Centre at Margaret Drive and Yishun Park.
- Passionate about working in the social service sector
- Preferably experienced working with students with disabilities and/or working in a student care setting
- At least 3 “O” Levels or partial “A” Level or Fresh NITEC with pass in English
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Adaptive and innovative
- Committed to collaboration and teamwork for effective attainment of work goals and supporting the overall organisational culture
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend