Speech Language Therapist
Job no: 492390
Work type: Permanent (Full-time)
Location: All locations
The Speech Language Therapist provides high quality therapy and intervention programmes to enable students with special needs to reach the maximum potential and equip staff / caregivers with techniques that will enhance the student’s development.
The therapist, working as part of an interdisciplinary team, will be responsible for the delivery of quality therapy services and may work across a variety of settings at Rainbow Centre (early intervention, schools, out-of-school hours care and community outreach services etc).
Providing quality clinical services to our clients, through:
- Using appropriate assessment tools to obtain data to identify therapy needs in a variety of cases
- Formulating care plans that are outcome-based and relevant to the goals identified for the clients through planning, implementing, evaluating and managing interventions.
- Facilitating individual and group interventions and employing evidence-based psychological interventions, as well as applying the process of collaborative exploration in the management of caseloads to deliver effective services.
- Complete specialist reports, case notes and other documentation, following professional guidelines and guidelines required by the organization.
- Prioritising and managing a caseload under supervision in accordance with organisation policy. The postholder will also complete specialist reports, case notes and other documentation, following professional guidelines and guidelines required by the organization.
- Participating in developing protocols and clinical guidelines to improve services in conjunction with the Lead Allied Professional/Principal Therapist.
Supporting strategy and planning effort through:
- Maintaining and monitoring client records related to service utilization in accordance to organisational and professional requirements, as well as inventories of equipment, materials and supplies.
- Ensuring the adherence of health and safety policy and all equipment are properly and safely stored and maintained for safe use.
- Participating in the development, monitoring and evaluation of outcome measures as appropriate in service area
Continuing professional development by:
- Engaging in and articulating reflection and evaluation in practice, including critically evaluating the impact of contemporary issues related to the profession and sector.
- Remaining up to date and compliant with all relevant legislation, organizational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice.
- Possess at least a Degree in Speech Language Therapy and eligible for registration with the Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC)
- Prior working experience in a special education setting will be a definite advantage
- Good communications skills to convey thoughts and ideas succinctly to various stakeholders, as well as to foster interdisciplinary collaboration to provide client-centric service and achieve best outcomes
- Able to handle the physical demands of the role, such as lifting clients and equipment
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend