ASSISTANT CARE FACILITATOR
Job no: 492411
Work type: Fixed Term Part-Time, Permanent (Full-time)
Location: Margaret Drive
Categories: Student Care/Enrichment
Are you keen to contribute to quality care, learning opportunities and meaningful engagement for students with disabilities?
As an Assistant Care Facilitator with Rainbow Centre, you will support students’ life skills development and enhance their accessibility to community resources.
Our out-of-school-hours student care service (OOSH) for students with disabilities, offer vibrant, nurturing and safe environments with a range of activities aimed at cultivating the interests and abilities of each student and recognising them as unique individuals.
On a typical day, students will be guided by a timetable where there will be opportunities for participation in daily living routines such as hygiene and self-care, meals, and cleaning. There will be facilitated activities designed and planned in collaboration with students, incorporating their interests, strengths, and abilities.
List of Care Facilitator responsibilities include :
- Participate in the development of students’ Individual Care Plan by monitoring, observing and recording students’ progress to provide data for appropriate individualised care and learning outcomes.
- Prepare learning materials and learning environments that utilise materials, resources and technology in ways appropriate to the content area.Some examples of activities are reading, play and exercises.
- Work with parents, teachers and volunteers to contextualize and generalise learning and engagement at home and community.
- Work as a team to ensure student integration of skills and learning in activities.
We are currently looking for applicants for our Student Care Centre at Yishun Park.
- Passionate about working in the social service sector
- Preferably experienced working with students with disabilities and/or working in a student care setting
- At least 3 “O” Levels or partial “A” Level or Fresh NITEC with pass in English
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Adaptive and innovative
- Committed to collaboration and teamwork for effective attainment of work goals and supporting the overall organisational culture
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend